Moodle research

fully digitally accessible Moodle for blind and deaf users

Picture of Linde Van Ishoven
fully digitally accessible Moodle for blind and deaf users

In collaboration with our technical partner we have made our Moodle fully digitally accessible, with translation in sign language. Our freely accessible e-learning is in Dutch and French, but not in English (sorry). I hope it inspires developers to make this version freely accessible to all Moodle-users. You'll find it on www.ediv.be. Please create an account and go to the 3rd module on Handicap. Here are some screenshots:

The handicap module offers three chapters (intro lesson, quiz and lesson). The icon with the two blue hands offers the translation in sign language.

This screenshot shows one of the pages of the e-learning module.

This drag and drop exercice offers an accessible version for blind users by clicking on the button: version without drag and drop. The exercise then becomes an exercice with dropdown menus.

This screenshot shows an exercice, in which people drag the correct answer on an image. The button on the right allows blind users to get a version of the exercice with dropdown menu instead of drag and drop.

This screenshot shows the version with dropdown menu.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: fully digitally accessible Moodle for blind and deaf users
Documentation writersMoodle Course Creator Certificate holdersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersTestersTranslators

Thankyou very much for sharing smile I don't speak Dutch (although I can guess a lot of it from German) but I do speak French so I will try it. Would you be so kind as to register the course with our Moodle community hub, Moodle.net?

Average of ratings: -