Moodle 3.3 IE Browser incompatibility

Moodle 3.3 IE Browser incompatibility

by Teresa Fryer -
Number of replies: 4

We want to upgrade to 3.3 however we have a couple of clients who only use IE 10 or lower which seem to have compatibility issues with 3.3.  Where can I find a list of what the possible incompatibility issues may be?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teresa Fryer

Re: Moodle 3.3 IE Browser incompatibility

by Rahul Barpha -

Hi Teresa

Browser support

Moodle is compatible with any standards compliant web browser. We regularly test Moodle with the following browsers:

Desktop:

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Safari
  • Edge
  • Internet Explorer

Mobile:

• MobileSafari
  • Google Chrome

For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date. https://whatbrowser.org

Note: Legacy browsers with known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.2:

• Internet Explorer 10 and below
  • Safari 7 and below

In reply to Rahul Barpha

by Teresa Fryer -

Hi, I am aware of this however I am trying to find out what the known compatibility issues are with Internet Explorer 10 and below. Can anyone help me with this?

In reply to Teresa Fryer

by Samuel Witzig -

Hi Teresa

I would really try to convince your clients to move away from IE 10 and below, since IE 10 and below are end of support (no security patches anymore) instead of trying to fix Moodle 3.3 for these legacy browsers.

Best,

Samuel

In reply to Teresa Fryer

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Not a clue... Marina Glancy is most likely (without loads of digging in the Wiki) the author of that line. 

I'll send her a message wink