Passing variables from SCORM package to Moodle

Passing variables from SCORM package to Moodle

by Claude Berney -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I search through the forum, and could not find an answer to my challenge.

I'm currently using Moodle 3.2 and we have contracted a company to generate a Serious Game. This game is communicating with our Moodle platform without any problem by the mean of a SCORM package only used to transfer data.

In the game, the trainee goes in a series of steps (Let's name them A, B, ...), and for each of these steps, the game sends a couple of variables to Moodle:

cmi.interactions_n.id, cmi.interactions_n.latency, cmi.interactions_n.result, cmi.interactions_n.student_response, cmi.interactions_n.time, cmi.interactions_n.type and cmi.interactions_n.weighting, with n being incremented.

When clicking on the SCORM package in the course, I can generate an Interactions report, where I can see the values of all cmi.interactions_n.XXX.

I'm searching a way to change the name of the columns of this report, so that they mean something. At the moment, I have something like that:

Response 1 Response 2 ... Response n
value of cmi.interactions_1.student_response           value of cmi.interactions_2.student_response       
value of cmi.interactions_3.student_response

I'm looking at something like that

Group YellowGroup Red...Group Purple
value of cmi.interactions_1.student_response              value of cmi.interactions_2.student_response              
value of cmi.interactions_3.student_response

At some point, I assume that I'll need to set somewhere (is it scorm_12.js.php?) in our Moodle root that

- the name of cmi.interactions_1 is "Group Yellow"

- the name of cmi.interactions_2 is "Group Red"

- the name of cmi.interactions_n is "Group Purple"

Could you please give me some pointers on how to do that? We're generating around 20 variables, which indicates how the trainee performed during the game, and it would be important to identify them in the column header.

Note that at every game, all variables are set in the same way, so that 1 is always "Yellow", 2 is always "Red", ...

Thanks for your appreciated help,

Regards,

Claude

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Claude Berney

Re: Passing variables from SCORM package to Moodle

by Ryan Carpenter -

Claude, any chance you found a solution that you could share here?