Badges for TEACHERS: reinforce staff engagement

Badges for TEACHERS: reinforce staff engagement

by Francois Parlant -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I was wondering if the badge tool included settings outside courses:

• first time on plateform
  • first course created, fifth course created, tenth...
  • first quiz created
  • first forum used...
  • end of assignment correction...

Any hints?

Regards

François

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francois Parlant

Re: Badges for TEACHERS: reinforce staff engagement

by Teresa Mackinnon -

Salut François, 

it is possible to set course level badges in moodle which could cover the criteria you suggest here. However it is also worth looking into existing research around badges and motivation. I recommend reading:

http://oro.open.ac.uk/42038/

http://www.aldinhe.ac.uk/ojs/index.php?journal=jldhe&page=article&op=view&path%5B%5D=281

bonne journée

Teresa

In reply to Teresa Mackinnon

by Francois Parlant -
Hi Teresa,

Thank you so much for your answer, and for the resources.

The learning Arc pdf with the different types of reward and the table of "other uses" made a big impression on me.

Thank you very much for sharing this perspective. I will try to use the badging system in a more subtle way than originally intended.

Regards
François
In reply to Teresa Mackinnon

by Francois Parlant -

Hi Teresa,

But still, I can't find how to set up the events in Moodle 3.3+ for a badge to be awarded to teacher automatically upon using a specific activity for the first time....

Any clues?

Regards

François

In reply to Francois Parlant

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Bonjour François -I don't think you can award a badge automatically to a teacher for using a specific activity for the first time, I'm afraid. The badge feature does include site badges however, which may be awarded manually or automatically based on certain critieria (but not the one you want) I presume you've read Using badges?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Francois Parlant -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry it doesn't go my way on this one.

I checked also the "level up" plugin, which works only on student events. I posted an enhancement request on their tracker and got a nice answer from Fred.

The event report page in moodle is incredible. Sure we could work something out.

Thanks again

(and congrats on your videos of new features in 3.3+, they are great!)

Regards

François