Footer

Footer

by Winona Cannady -
Number of replies: 6

Hello.  We recently switched over from Moodle 2. something to the new Moodle 3.3. My husband and I are the administrators for our co-op.  We are learning as we go.  For some reason, when he changed from the Boost theme to the academia theme we lost the part that says "Moodle docs for this page" .  I really want that on our footer.  How do I get that back?  Do we need to switch back to boost?

The first picture is what my heading looks like, the second picture is what I am aiming for.  

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Winona Cannady

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Winona Cannady

Re: Footer

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello WInona and thanks for posting here - I am going to move your post to the dedicated Themes forum as our theme experts might be able to tell you if the latest version of Academia includes a link to the docs or not. I would also double check if you are showing the docs link by going to Site administration > Appearance and checking the Moodle docs link is ticked.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I can't find 'Academia' in the plugins DB, so contact the developers for help.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Winona Cannady -

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Here is a picture of what my moodle 3.3 looks like.  There are a few themes to choose from.  Sorry, I miss named our theme, it is Academi not Academia. 

by Winona Cannady -

My problem is that I can't get a the footer to link to a page specific moodle doc page.  It just takes me to the same main page every time. I have "Moodle Docs|http://docs.moodle.org|Moodle Docs" in my footer as you can see but it just takes me to the main page.  It is not page specific which would be helpful for new teachers. Thanks for your help.

Winona

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Winona Cannady -

Hi Mary,

I have that ticked for this-  https://docs.moodle.org, but this address only takes me to the moodle doc main page, it is not page specific.  

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

That is because you have manually added the link and the link is to the main page.  I am not familiar with that theme or even sure if it is compatible with 3.3 but normally, the docs link is there by default - you should not have to add it to the footer...under appearance, there is a link to Moodle Docs - check there for an option to enable it..