Adaptable 1.3.3 changing icons above header

Adaptable 1.3.3 changing icons above header

by Ruthine Burton -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, My system: Moodle 3.2.2, DB 5.7.16.10, php: 5.6.30, Adaptable theme: 1.3.3

Following an upgrade I am trying to change the icons above the header area to white icons or to remove them. They currently do not show up as they are black on a navy background, but are active links.

I would also like to exchange the user icon on the right from the current image in a circle, back to the previous icon without a circle.

Finally, the white envelope icon on the right for messages disappeared on upgrade. I'd like to know how to re-instate it.  

Please see the two screen shots: 

the top one is the upgraded version with problems, the second is how it was, showing the message icon on the left and the user icon on the right.

Can anyone help or is there some documentation that might explain how to do the above?  

Thank you.

Ruthine

Attachment screenShot-the headers.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruthine Burton

Re: Adaptable 1.3.3 changing icons above header

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please, read the README.txt included in Adaptable.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Ruthine Burton -

Our site is remotely hosted, so I am able to make changes via Adaptable's customisation access areas inc 'Custom CSS and JS' or Moodle's Additional HTML only. Sounds like I will have to contact our hosting company. 

by Ruthine Burton -

I managed to find an online copy of the readme.txt file in github. It does not include any information about how to change the icons above the header. I am only able to make changes via the menus provided in the Adaptable theme inc the 'custom CSS and JS' or in Moodle's 'Additional HTML' as our sites are hosted remotely. Can anyone help or point me at other documentation? 

by Ruthine Burton -

Our host company came up with an easy fix which anyone can do without having to access the theme folder to delete and rename files etc as advised in the README.txt:

In the Custom CSS and JS add this bit of code:

.smallicon {

filter: invert(100%);

}

In reply to Ruthine Burton

by Jez H -

Hi, regards the dissapearing messages icon, you may find it is there but a black image which is not showing on the black bacground.

I recently swithed these so the current version of the theme should load white images, both are included in the theme, you have to rename the images to choose which you use (black or white).