Missing “Switch role to" Tab in course after version upgrade

Missing “Switch role to" Tab in course after version upgrade

by Arul R -
Number of replies: 3
Whether this tab is appear in anywhere in other tabs or this tab is removed in this new 3.3 version,

If this tab still available , then where i need to find this tab ? 

Or we need to do set up any setting for to show this tab in page ?

Can anyone please help me  to solve this issue.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arul R

Re: Missing “Switch role to" Tab in course after version upgrade

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Please look at the documentation Switch roles. You will see it in the user menu if you are using the new Boost theme. If you are using a custom theme it might be in a different place  or else you would need to ask its developer.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Arul R -

Hi Mary, Thank you so much for your Quick response .

I checked  the documentation and everything i setup based on the documentation what they are suggested.But even though i didnt getting that tab in course page.

And I checked other forum site:

https://www.lynda.com/Moodle-tutorials/Switch-roles-Moodle/511293/583700-4.html#tab 

Here they mentioned in new version this tab available in "clicking on the dropdown menu next to my name" , but for my theme and in course page the Loggined username not at all displaying. 

So can you have any idea to showing the loggined user name at the top right of the site?

Or this will be showing depend on theme or we can set something for to showing username at top right?

Thanks ..

In reply to Arul R

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The correct name for "dropdown menu next to my name" (as Lynda.com say) is the user menu and yes, that is where it is found in the default theme since 3.2 . So if you don't see it there then there is a problem with your theme and you need to speak to the theme designer.