Can the 'activity completion expected on' date be set as a relative value?

Can the 'activity completion expected on' date be set as a relative value?

by T JR -
Number of replies: 3

Hi guys,

I posted this in the general forum but didn´t get any replies. Perhaps this would be a more appropriate forum.

I have a self-paced course with a rolling self registration. To benefit from Moodle 3.3's timeline on the new course overview block I need to be able to set the 'activity completion expected on' in relation to the date the student enrolled themselves on the course. 

For example, a student enrolls on the course in which the first activity needs to be completed within 72 hours of them enrolling. The 'activity completion expected on' date needs to be set as the date they enrolled +3 days. 

If this is not possible in core, does anyone know of a plugin (that is compatible with 3.3) that can achieve this?

Many thanks,

Joe

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to T JR

Re: Can the 'activity completion expected on' date be set as a relative value?

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Just to confirm that it would be very helpful to be able to use relative dates, also for access restriction (and certainly other parts of Moodle).

Séverin

In reply to T JR

by T JR -

Update: It doesn't look like this is currently possible so I have proposed it as an improvement (MDL-60849)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to T JR

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Great suggestion. I encourage everyone to vote for it.

It might be useful posting this in the general forum as well so teachers etc can vote on it who may not otherwise look at the developer forum.