Moodle Mobile Authentication

Moodle Mobile Authentication

by Talan Westby -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

I am hoping that you can help.

We have been requested to look into the authentication service on the Moodle Mobile application. We currently use ADFS for authentication purposes, when we use a browser on a mobile phone connected to our internal WiFi we are forwarded through to ADFS and authentication works perfectly fine. 

However, when we use the Moodle Mobile app we are forwarded over to ADFS and presented with a blank page for authentication and therefore cannot log in. Could you please advise how the authentication piece works on the mobile application? There must be something underlying between the application and the web front end which causes it not to be forwarded to our ADFS services.

Thanks,

Talan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Talan Westby

Re: Moodle Mobile Authentication

by Dave Perry -
Picture of Testers

My generic thought is that you'll need to install the Moodle Mobile Additional Features plugin onto your moodle site, then you can enable web login screen. I have no experience of deploying moodle behind ADFS, but it is a web-based SSO system so the principle should be the same.

Certainly we will need this for Shibboleth, when we go down that road (I have it setup on my account for testing, but haven't tried it with the app yet).

HTH,
Dave

In reply to Dave Perry

Re: Moodle Mobile Authentication

by Talan Westby -

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response, I should have put in this in the original post but when we use any external connection e.g. our external WiFi or 3G network the authentication is fine.

Regards,
Talan