Moodle mobile addon help

Re: Moodle mobile addon help

by r q -
Number of replies: 1
Hello,

Just to update and document my solution, I did get this working. I ran into several stumbling blocks with the content handlers. My issue turned out to be that the static string used to attach the binding to the module's method did not align with the method name. This is a tight coupling, so just be aware of this if you're having issues getting a new addon to work. If you're using a fancy editor like WebStorm, it won't be able to parse the static string bindings.

For what it's worth, I think it would be a lot nicer if the system logged out something useful to let you know *why* the bindings are failing. Or even let you know that the content handler wasn't found. Some kind of informative error message or stack trace. It's very hard as a developer to figure out why the component isn't being found. Is there somewhere in moodle mobile's core where we could catch the exception and log it out at debug level?

Anyway, thanks for the help and hints, I was able to get my code working. Hope somebody finds this thread useful!
In reply to r q

Re: Moodle mobile addon help

by nikolas stylianides -

Hi r q . 

I am straggling with the same problem. Can you please elaborate on the solution? 

Thank you in advance.