Show Quiz Description on Question Page

Re: Show Quiz Description on Question Page

by Andy Anderson -
Number of replies: 2

You’re right, description questions are immune to randomization — I scanned that topic too quickly when searching for the answer to my own question and misunderstood that the person actually wanted to randomize them for some reason.

Anyway, what I’m trying to do is copy the “quiz description”, from the quiz itself, into a “description question”, so that it shows up above the actual questions. I can’t simply duplicate the quiz description, I have to copy and paste it into the description question, and the image links aren’t preserved (I’m working in 3.2).

— Andy

In reply to Andy Anderson

by Mira Vogel -

Hello,

As far as I can tell, the Description questions aren't immune to random ordering but are shuffled along with the other questions if I enable the Shuffle checkbox. I hit 'Start a new preview' a few times and the Description questions moves its order along with the other.

(I'd like mine to remain at the end of a shuffled Quiz to remind students that they need to click 'Submit all and finish'.)

Have others managed to make them immune to randomisation?

Thanks,

Mira

In reply to Mira Vogel

by Mira Vogel -

Ah, I see - put the Description question in a section on its own, and don't check the Shuffle checkbox for that section.

m