Restore a v3.3 backup to a 3.2 installation

Restore a v3.3 backup to a 3.2 installation

by Beto Boton -
Number of replies: 2

Hello

Well HOW can I restore a 3.3 backup to a 3.2 installation?

I have a Moodle 3.3 running on a live server and I backed up my courses there and downloaded to my local computer.

My Synology NAS box has a 3.2 Moodle installation I would like to restore these courses to my Synology NAS Moodle installation running v 3.2. 

Unfortunately I am presented with a message stating the version of backup was created with a new version of Moodle and a sole button to click on saying CANCEL.

I contacted Synology and they informed they have no plans to deliver a 3.3 Moodle version (puzzled by the response...)

ANY Ideas on how to do this?

Regards

Beto Boton

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beto Boton

Re: Restore a v3.3 backup to a 3.2 installation

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

A Synology NAS...mmm and an issue with Synology and Moodle... mmmmmm gee, that sounds awfully familiar. 

I have a Synology NAS and anything to do with an Open Source app and Synology.. well, ever try to put two magnets together at their north poles? My NAS tells me I do not have permission to access any of my apps at the moment and I am not at home until after the end of the year with any time to fix it. The only response I have had from Synology forums has been "This issue is about a third party app and is on the wrong Forum." Gee thanks guys...very helpful.

I love my NAS but reality is we are not getting a lot of support from Synology.    

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Restore a v3.3 backup to a 3.2 installation

by Beto Boton -

Thanks Colin, good to know I'm not alone!

big grin