Teaching with Moodle

Can I restrict and hide a section from other teachers in the same course?

Picture of Noorazlan Ahmad Yaacob
Can I restrict and hide a section from other teachers in the same course?

If it is possible, how do I do this as I can only restrict and hide from students, but not teachers?

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Can I restrict and hide a section from other teachers in the same course?
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Not really  -if a teacher has editing rights in a course then it is difficult for another teacher to hide a section from them.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Renato Araujo

Hi, Mary.

I used to do that until Moodle release 3.2. 
As a course manager, I could restrict some sections to a teacher and some other sections to another teacher, using groups. Just changed capabiilty moodle/course: viewhiddensections to 'deny'. The section restricted to the other group used to become hidden to the editing teacher.

Now, after release 3.3, this is not working anymore. Even with that capability set to 'deny', all teachers became able to see all sections.

Do you have any idea of how that could be achieved now?

Thanks in advance!

Picture of Mark Glynn

I wonder could you create version of a non-edting teacher role where these "non-editing teachers" could only see content that was available to their groups. You would have to change other elements of their roles to make sure that had the other necessary teacher privileges. It may be worth a try. I know that we restrict our tutors to only see their own set of students so maybe with a little bit of tweaking you could get what you need