Importing glossary from other course: empty glossary

Importing glossary from other course: empty glossary

autor Joost Elshoff -
Počet odpovedí: 5
Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Testers

Hi all,

Working on a bug for one of my clients, I discovered that importing a glossary from another course to a new course causes a bug: the glossary is created, but left empty (non of the original entries were imported to the new course).

Any idea on what this causes?

Moodle 3.3+ is the version we're using.

Priemer hodnotení : -
V odpovedi na Joost Elshoff

Re: Importing glossary from other course: empty glossary

autor Mary Cooch -
Obrázok: Documentation writers Obrázok: Moodle HQ Obrázok: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázok: Testers Obrázok: Translators

I didn't think that was a bug -I thought it was expected behaviour unless you include the users as well as the activities? I thought you had to export the entries from the first glossary and then import them into the second one?

V odpovedi na Mary Cooch

autor Joost Elshoff -

I thought about that, and tried testing this by backupping the activity with the users (anonymized) with the same results. After much research, we found that calendar entries should be disabled when importing, and then everything works like a charm.

V odpovedi na Joost Elshoff

autor Heather P -

Hi 

I'm really interested in this because every Moodle we have had the course back up has failed to take with it the glossary entries and now that we are starting to use glossaries as a graded activity it is becoming way more important to be able to get the entries too.

I've read your statement about disabling calendar entries to make the glossary backup work, but I'm marginally confused as to just what technique / pathway you were using. Can you clarify.

Were you for example using course back up, selecting only the glossary, with or without the users in the course, and then I'm lost with the disabling calendar entries. Did you mean don't put a tick in the 'include calendar event' in the backup selection process?

Thank you

Heather

V odpovedi na Heather P

autor Ricky Natt -

Hello Everyone,

I am facing the same problem. When ever I try to import a course, my glossary is turning up blank. I am using moodle 3.3+. Can someone suggest a solution.

Thank you.

Ricky Natt

V odpovedi na Ricky Natt

autor John Provasnik -

I don't know the solution, but the docs say this: 

Restoring a glossary activity backup

An alternative method of importing glossary entries is to restore a glossary activity backup containing enrolled users. This method includes categories, images and attachments within glossary entries. When the glossary is restored, the authors of the entries will be the same as in the original glossary.

But in the meantime, it is rather simple to export the glossary entries in the first course and them import them in the next course. See attached,