student bringing content to the course

student bringing content to the course

by Thomas Brown -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm not yet so familar with the Moodle-system. What chances has the student to bring content (resources) to the course ??

In that stage I guess it's only possible for a teacher to add content within the resource module. But what if a student wants to contribute content to a course?

Is is the only chance via the Forum and to upload an attachment to the posting ?? sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thomas Brown

Re: student bringing content to the course

by Dennis Daniels -
Absolutely,
I've got 11 K12ltsp clients running in my room (all donated! all free! easy to set up!) so the ratio is about 3 to 1 for my large classes and almost 1-1 for smaller classes. That said, I don't want to be the one doing all of the 'educating' and 'teaching'. In class today, I had my students trying to craft questions that were clear, fair, concise and insightful... they all complained that it was 'too hard'!big grin  But, it got them thinking about learning and the subject material and how important logical constructions are to helping people understand.
Ok, so why all of this explanation? I want my brighter students to take a more active role in the course materials, quizzes, feedback structures, and organization of data....
Moodle doesn't seem to have a TA mode... unless I missed something ? A TA mode that could be as granular as allowing one student access to one object or all students having access... This of course begs the question of user activity needing a CVS backend (subversion?) to all changes in the db and the site so that blame and reward points can be properly delivered.
Thoughts? Criticims? Whispers of code in progress? smile
Denny
In reply to Dennis Daniels

Re: student bringing content to the course

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You can set up more courses or another whole Moodle for students ...