Welcome message customisation won't change text

Welcome message customisation won't change text

av Leticia Dark-rose -
Antall svar: 2

Hi All,

I have been notified of a spelling error in the Welcome Email sent to students when they first log into their course. The "Send course welcome message" is checked so my understanding is that it is the Language string which needs editing.

I have gone into Language customisation and edited the String Core > Moodle.php > string  = 'welcometocoursetext'. I have then saved and purged caches, enrolled my test student in the course, however the old message is still sent.

Is there anywhere else that i may have added this message that could be overriding the updated email message? 

King Regards,

Leticia

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Leticia Dark-rose

Re: Welcome message customisation won't change text

av David Mudrák -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Moodle HQ Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers Bilde av Plugins guardians Bilde av Testers Bilde av Translators

Hi Leticia

The string welcometocoursetext defined in "moodle.php" file seems to be used by enrolment methods PayPal and Flat file only. There is another language strings file "enrol_self.php" used by the Self enrolment method which also defines the string welcometocoursetext - so maybe you need to fix that one too.

Additionally, please note that the welcome message can also be manually customized in each course (via the enrolment method settings) in which case the manually defined value is used, not the string.

Finally, if you find out the typo is coming from the official Moodle language packs, please feel encouraged to submit the fix back to the community - https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Translation_FAQ#I.27ve_found_an_error_in_a_language_pack._What_do_I_do.3F

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (2)
Som svar til David Mudrák

Re: Welcome message customisation won't change text

av Leticia Dark-rose -

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. That is exactly where I needed to go smiler. Thanks also for your explanation.... this has helped me gain another nugget of information for my Moodle bank.

Cheers,

Leticia