PoodLL does not appear in Feedback comments

PoodLL does not appear in Feedback comments

by Marc Couture -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

We just upgraded to Moodle 3.1 and noticed that the standard PoodLL buttons no longer appear in Assignment Feedback comments:

No PoodLL buttons in Feedback comments

Do I need to add the buttons to the standard TinyMCE icon set?  I thought PoodLL Everywhere would work, well, everywhere, but apparently not. wink

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Couture

Re: PoodLL does not appear in Feedback comments

by Marc Couture -

I tried to add buttons manually to my TinyMCE editor config, but the additional icons don't appear.  Help!

In reply to Marc Couture

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

That is intentional. Just like you cannot add images there with the insert-image-file-picker. Instead there is the Poodll Feedback plugin where you can leave audio/video feedback - the poodll file doesn't appear in the user report directly, so in the assignment text area feedback box we would leave a message that says something like 'click on your assignment to review your teacher's audio feedback.' This has worked well for us this past school year.

Another thing you could do is direct link to an externally stored audio/video file (in the assignment feedback text box) but that can be a little time consuming if your looking to do that regularly. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marc Couture

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Its just like John said. There is no file area to store files, so Poodll just hides itself to stop people getting the wrong idea that it would work. So your best option is to use the Poodll assignment feedback plugin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)