Quickmail show only 'Send Admin Email'

Quickmail show only 'Send Admin Email'

by Rodrigo Guerra -
Number of replies: 5

hi,

i'm using moodle 3.1.2 and downloaded the latest quickmail plugin 1.6.0.

I can't figure out why it is only showing the 'send admin email' link. this is hapening when I'm logged as a Admin, Student or Teacher...

below is the teacher permissions, but no luck showing the complete options.

going to the code shed some light but not enough, I believe it has something to do with this line in quickmail:

if ($can_send && $COURSE->id != SITEID)

$canSend is the  block/quickmail:cansend permission, and it's set to allow.

what about the $COURSE->id != SITEID?

debugging when I'm at the 'my' page I get 1 for both values so it won't enter the If and won't show the other options... but why i get 1 for both values?

thanks for your time and patience.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodrigo Guerra

Re: Quickmail show only 'Send Admin Email'

by Chad Mazilly -

Hey Rodrigo Guerra,

Received your message, thanks very much! I absolutely have time and patience to help you with out.

Wanted to mention that I'm currently working on a new version of this plugin and hope to release it within the next 2 weeks. After review on the current repo, I felt that it was time for a refactor on the code, and to take advantage of some of the more recent core functionality (Message API). So the changes will be vast and likely a "2.0" release. I plan on maintaining this and helping make it better along with the rest of the community.

With that said, I can look at anything that may be causing your problem right now and possibility put up some patches on the 1.6. Just so I understand the context of your situation, are you adding the block within a course directly, or within the "site context". The code is set up to handle these differently. If you are not seeing a "courseid=" in the link directing you into quickmail, you're sending as an admin.

Chad

In reply to Chad Mazilly

by Rodrigo Guerra -

Hi Chad, thanks for your kind (and fast) reply smile

New versions are always welcome, God bless your effort, it's almost a never ending job, but it's a great feeling see people using your solution. quickmail is a classic !

I create a new course and set the format to SCORM, then 'Save and Display' it goes to the SCORM package upload screen. I upload the package and display. it shows the scorm topics in a list but no quickmail. (logged as student)

but if i setup a weekly type course it shows sad

(also logged as student)

by Chad Mazilly -

Hey Rodrigo, thanks for the details. We've made a small change that will allow this block to be used within a "mod-scorm-view" page type. This has just been released as v1.6.1, Hopefully this will fix the problem, if not please let me know.

Thanks,

Chad

In reply to Chad Mazilly

by Rodrigo Guerra -

Chad! it worked smoothly smile

thank you VERY much for your effort in this fine tunning....

by Chad Mazilly -

Great news, Rodrigo! Thanks for the heads up.

Chad