Moodle Splash Logon Screen - Moodle v 3.3

Re: Moodle Splash Logon Screen - Moodle v 3.3

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Sorry for not replying earlier.

The white areas ar the page header and the main body of the page.

The HTML for this is a little complex so you need to see which element is being coloured white. You can do this using Firebug or the Web Developer tools in your browser.

You could try adding the following into the Raw SCSS section of the Boost theme's Advanced settings tab in Site Administration > Site Appearance > Theme > Boost:

#page-header, #region-main { background-color: transparent; }

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Davo . -

Hi  Mary. I will follow up asap. I didn't realize this could be such an involved process, given how long Moodle has been around. i.e. I thought it might just be a matter of specifying a background image on the login screen via theme Admin. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Davo

In reply to Davo .

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Davo,

Just a quick query - Are you sure that's the login page? Do you perhaps normally login from a block on the front page and are thinking of that as the login page?

The reason I ask is that the login screen itself does not have the top menu bar, the way your screenshot does, or indeed a separate header and content area the way those white areas would indicate. Those are more indicative of the top menu, header and content areas found on the dashboard or a course page with the left drawer closed and no blocks on the right.

The attached screenshot is of the login page on my localhost test site running Boost, with a red background added (in place of your image).

On the screen you have captured - what do you see if you click the 'log in' link in the top right?

Richard

Attachment Screenshot from 2017-07-10 13-58-52.png
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

People tend to say Login page as that is the first place their users land on and so that is where they login from...no need to get over excited about it really as all this would come out in the wash as Dave progresses.

its a simple fix but I can't test it as I am having no end of problems with Moodle 3.3 at the moment.

Cheers

Mary