How do I add an area for drawing a user's signature?

How do I add an area for drawing a user's signature?

by Derek Chaplin -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm using Moodle as a corporate training tool and one requirement that has come up is that user's must provide a "written" signature, i.e. a handwritten signature, when they have completed their safety training & quiz related to a particular course. An image of the signature must be saved with the course quiz.

I've tried:

1. WIRIS short answer plugin - works but would cost over $1000/year in licensing fees
  2. PDF annotation - only works for Teachers

They only other solution I've seen mentioned is Literally Canvas but  integrating that in Moodle is beyond my capabilities.

Ideally I'd like to provide a signature box that works on mobile devices similarly to those you see with FedEx, UPS, etc. where the user can "draw" their signature.

Any help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chaplin

Re: How do I add an area for drawing a user's signature?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Poodll has a whiteboard for a submission.  You could use that.  I would be surprised if there were not other whiteboard plugins too.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Steven Jiang -

Hi Emma:

We have the same request. If we can have the signature, then it is perfect. But we find some students don't prefer to mouse to do the signature. Is there anyway we can put the verification area just in the submission statement or before they click the submission button?

Those Verification maybe use Student ID or username. So it can tell auditor that this student is "this student". Then plus the submission statement. I think that is enough for the compliance.

Looking forward to the reply

In reply to Steven Jiang

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You could ask a final question that references a field in their profile (e.g What is your home zip code?) but, without coding, you would need to manually verify the answer.  

Or you could use a proctoring service that handles the student verification for you.