Embedded SCORM package on a course page

Embedded SCORM package on a course page

by Stephan Tedesco -
Number of replies: 1

I have this strange task: 

For a course page on my university we have a video, which is the first item a learner sees in a topic course format. The video is used as a guidance and has several show stoppers - i.e.:

1. after the first minute it stops and the learner should make the assignment bellow it, in order to continue
  2. after the second minute it stops and the learner should use the feedback activity, in order to continue
  3. after 5 minutes we have a quiz with several questions (the quiz is part of the video.

Our first thought was to use SCORM package, but SCORM 1.2 could not "communicate" with Moodle in order to check if the activities are finished. (and 2004 is not an option). Next to that, we cannot embed it as a video and the learner has to "jump" back and forth (or there are any options there to embed a scorm as a video on the cours page?)

Second option was to use embedded video in HTML5, but then the quiz at the end is not possible and we cannot track the completion and see if the learner has seen the video until the end. 

Has someone experience in this direction?

Would be happy to get any feedback, as I am stuck with it. 

Regards, 

S. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephan Tedesco

Re: Embedded SCORM package on a course page

by Dagwin Roelants -

Hi Stephan,

I would cut the video in pieces making a page for each fragment

So you can add exercises, assignments and quizes to it and put it all in a Scorm.

Consider putting the fragments on youtube and use the embed code in your learning object.

You can autostart the individual fragments when the page opens.

So your students just have to click the next button. I think they can do that smile.

Kind regards

Dagwin