Cannot use lesson module on mobile app

Cannot use lesson module on mobile app

by Elton LaClare -
Number of replies: 4

For a week or so I've been experimenting with the lesson module on the mobile app using my MoodleCloud installation. I was finally able to update my regular Moodle to 3.3 a few days ago, but so far I've not been able to open the lesson module in the app. I still see the icon indicating that the activity must be done on a mobile browser. If I attempt to open the lesson, I get the 'Oops! Your organization's Moodle installation needs to be updated.' message. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps something in the admin setting? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elton LaClare

Re: Cannot use lesson module on mobile app

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you using the latest version of the mobile app too?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Elton

I just tried it on my moodlecloud account and it seemed to work. It might be a cache issue so try it with a different device or delete and re-create your account.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Elton LaClare -

Thanks guys. I checked my Moodle version and my Moodle Mobile version. They are both 3.3. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Deleting the user, and logging in with a new account. All resulted in the same problem I mentioned before.  Moodlecloud is working for me, just not my personal site. Has anyone been able to open the Lesson module from their own Moodle (as opposed to Moodlecloud)

Attachment IMG_1498.PNG
Attachment IMG_1499.PNG
In reply to Elton LaClare

by Elton LaClare -
I found a solution to the problem I reported here earlier...

Although my Moodle had been updated to 3.3, I had neglected to update the Moodle Mobile Additional Features plugin. Once this was accomplished, I was able to use the Lesson module within the app. My apologies to those who spent time investigating the problem on my behalf.

As far as I can tell, iframes do not display in the Lesson module when using the app (MOBILE-2144). However, it would be good if other users could confirm this using the module in their own Moodle installations. 

P.S. - If you've noticed that the new 'course overview' doesn't appear as you expected within the app, update the additional features plugin. This will make it appear as it does in the Desktop version. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)