Moodle 3.3 is less intuitive than eFront 3.6.15 (2 years ago)

Re: Moodle 3.3 is less intuitive than eFront 3.6.15 (2 years ago)

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

In Oz, we haven't had to go that far and create a progress canvas, but we are expected to both teach students and do their learning for them. 

"I would to change that and try inverted classroom (students read lessons at home, and try some basics tests, then works on projects in classroom)."

This is called Flipped Learning. Having tried it, and not getting a lot of positive response to it amongst the lower year levels, I can say it seems to mostly work with Year 12s, senior students, partly work with Year 11s, and drops of alarmingly after that. However, where possible, I have had some success with simply getting related videos for students to watch before classes which has helped. I suspect it is something of a cultural thing amongst younger students, watching a video is not as demanding as actually writing something, Not every student is successful but hopefully, this encourages students to move to more detailed homework in preparation for Year 12. 

I would suggest that you look at the Completion Progress Bar for a tool that can provide you with individual course assignment completions.   

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Moodle 3.3 is less intuitive than eFront 3.6.15 (2 years ago)

by David ROUMANET -

Your experience is intersting for me : our students are 17-19 years old and formation is post baccalaureat (should be BTEC Higher National Diploma in others countries.)

They want to have fun courses and to not work (not learning), especially with homework.

I was thinking flipped learning (thanks for right definition) could be a solution, with active projects in classroom and learning as homework (still working for projects, of course).

Few years before, students were more interested by formation, but now, they are thinking computer science are easy as using a smartphone, or designing with Gimp/Photoshop... they've lot of difficulties with PHP, C# or other POO languages (Java for example).

Completion progress bar wasn't compatible with Moodle 3.3 version but I'll check again, thanks smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)