Moodle 3.3 + Google Oauth2 Repository

Moodle 3.3 + Google Oauth2 Repository

by Carly Born -
Number of replies: 0

I'm testing out Moodle 3.3 on a test server and I'm having a heck of a time getting the Google repository to work.  I have a few specific questions, but if anyone can shed any light I would appreciate it.

We have a staging server, on campus users authenticate via Shibboleth, but off-campus (those not affiliated with our institution) can login via Google if they wish.  But so far, I don't think that is causing any issues.

I have the Oauth2 google service setup so it's using an id and key created on the Google developers api page from my own institutional google account.  At one time, that was working in that it allowed regular users to use the Google Repository to link to a Google doc.

Then when I added a system account (to allow students to turn in Google docs), I did that under a different account.  Is that ok? 

My main question: Do the accounts for the system account and the account that created the credentials need to be the same? If so, are there any other Google APIs that need to be enabled aside from the Google Drive API?  If not, does the Google Drive API need to be enabled under both of those accounts?

At various points in my repeated attempts to set this up, I've had File 404 errors when attempting to link to a Google doc from Moodle.  Specifically, as a teacher I will create a File resource and then use the File Picker to go to the Google repository.  I login to Google, find a Google Doc, and then add it to the File area of the resource.  At this time, the icon appears with a small arrow in the lower left of the icon to designate it is a link to an external document.  Then when I save the File resource I get the error:  Exception - 404: File not found: 0B6I1jvY2f3bga3ltZFlJbjUzaEk.

Average of ratings: -