Moodle Notes (contexts)

Moodle Notes (contexts)

by Kevin McDermott -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

I have created a role with permissions defined in the system context. I want them to have the ability to view and manage 'site' notes, but not able to view and manage notes in the 'course' context.

I can only see 2 permissions relating to notes (view and manage).  When creating a note, the context tool tip states "Course - the note will be visible to teachers in this course". However the role I created is not enrolled in any course and they can still view course notes.

Moodle Docs state that "Users can only view Notes that have been created within the same context to which their Role has been assigned (e.g. Site, Course, Personal/User)" As this user's permissions are at the System context, I assumed that they would only be able to view and manage notes in the Site context. But that doesn't appear to be the case

Any guidance, input, feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Running 3.2.2+

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin McDermott

Re: Moodle Notes (contexts)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible have a role which enables a user to only view site notes but not course notes, as the way roles and permissions work is that if a user has permission in the system (site) context then they also have permission in all lower contexts (category, course etc.).