Import fails due to "Default exception handler: Can not find data record in database table files_reference."

Import fails due to "Default exception handler: Can not find data record in database table files_reference."

by Rebecca Trynes -
Number of replies: 5

Hello all,

wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue I'm having?

I'm on moodle 3.1.5, using a Postgres database, and trying to import a course into a brand new course.
The course I'm importing has some missing links, but instead of just telling me that some files are missing, it gives me this error:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default exception handler: Can not find data record in database table files_reference.

Debug: SELECT id FROM {files_reference} WHERE repositoryid = ? AND referencehash = ?
[array (
0 => '5',
1 => 'cbcbc9b686455a06e5433ecf71d75cfae67624be',
)]
Error code: invalidrecord
* line 1608 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_missing_record_exception thrown
* line 1584 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_field_select()
* line 2684 of /lib/filestorage/file_storage.php: call to moodle_database->get_field()
* line 1304 of /lib/filestorage/file_storage.php: call to file_storage->get_referencefileid()
* line 1027 of /backup/util/dbops/restore_dbops.class.php: call to file_storage->create_file_from_storedfile()
* line 239 of /backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_dbops::send_files_to_pool()
* line 59 of /mod/page/backup/moodle2/restore_page_stepslib.php: call to restore_structure_step->add _related_files()
* line 410 of /backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_page_activity_structure_step->after_execute()
* line 113 of/backup/util/plan/restore_structure_step.class.php: call to restore_structure_step->launch_after_execute_methods()
* line 181 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to restore_structure_step->execute()
* line 201 of /backup/moodle2/restore_activity_task.class.php: call to base_task->execute()
* line 177 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to restore_activity_task->execute()
* line 167 of /backup/util/plan/restore_plan.class.php: call to base_plan->execute()
* line 335 of /backup/controller/restore_controller.class.php: call to restore_plan->execute()
* line 162 of /backup/import.php: call to restore_controller->execute_plan(), referer: http://eldev1.cit.edu.au/backup/import.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon clicking 'continue', it takes me to the course I was importing from, as opposed to the course I was in when I was doing the importing.
In there, it shows me the same error message that I get if I try to edit the label that has the dodgy file reference (and it won't let me edit the dodgy link at all. It just gives me the error message without any way to fix it!):

Debug info: 
Error code: filereferenceproblem
$a contents: stdClass Object
(
[repositoryid] => 5
[reference] => Tzo4OiJzdGRDbGFzcyI6Mjp7czozOiJ1cmwiO3M6MTM1OiJodHRwOi8vY2VscmRldi5jaXQuZWR1
LmF1L2NpdGRldi9pbnRlZy9nZW4vMWM5YjdmMWEtZTU0OC00Mjc3LWJlMjQtN2Q5NTEyOWNhOGYz
LzEvP2F0dGFjaG1lbnQudXVpZD1kNTIzZDZjNS03MGYzLTQwMmItODgyMy0zNTRmYzE4MDM1YjUi
O3M6ODoiZmlsZW5hbWUiO3M6MTM6IkJlY0Jsb25kZS5qcGciO30=
[referencefileid] => 14506
[fileid] => 
)

When I tried to go into the new course that didn't complete the import properly, I get this message:

Debug info: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "mdl_coursect_cousec_uix"
DETAIL: Key (course, section)=(155419, 1) already exists.
INSERT INTO mdl_course_sections (course,section,summary,summaryformat,sequence) VALUES($1,$2,$3,$4,$5) RETURNING id
[array (
'course' => '155419',
'section' => 1,
'summary' => '',
'summaryformat' => '1',
'sequence' => '',
)]
Error code: dmlwriteexception

Upon doing a course backup on the troublesome course, and then a restore from the backup file, it all works beautifully. It's just the course 'import' that seems to be stuffing up.

Any clues on what to do about this?! Is this is a bug, or simply something in my system?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rebecca Trynes

Re: Import fails due to "Default exception handler: Can not find data record in database table files_reference."

by Rebecca Trynes -
More info: repositoryid of 5 = equella

Further to this strangeness....
I can see the missing image on the screen, I can right click it to show in new tab and it loads fine, but the moment I try to edit the label, I get the error message.

While doing a database query, I can see that the itemid = 0 for all of the links that are throwing an error.

Any ideas how that might have happened? A database corruption of some sort?

Re: Import fails due to "Default exception handler: Can not find data record in database table files_reference."

by Rebecca Trynes -

More on this...

Looking more into the database side of things, I have some linked files that start with the exact address of our repository, while others start with @@PLUGINFILE@@   ....

by Rebecca Trynes -

Nope. This doesn't seem to be the problem.

I'm thinking our database has some kind of corruption in it.

Anybody got any ideas on what kind of query I can run to find all of the missing file references???

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The course you are importing from has missing links?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Rebecca Trynes -
Well, not so much missing links—as you can still see the images on screen, and can still right click to show in new window—but if you try to edit the label with those images in it, it gives the missing file reference error.