Course Completion Settings – passing grade gets displayed but status doesn’t change to “Complete”

Course Completion Settings – passing grade gets displayed but status doesn’t change to “Complete”

by Zhivko Z -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 3.1.2

Hello,

I’m changing the Course Completion settings to include only the Course Grade, which is made of one quiz (80% required passing grade).

However, when a student achieves a passing grade on the quiz (and the course) – that doesn’t change the completion status to “complete” (picture attached)… As you can see the passing grade is displayed (100) but it says: Complete – No.

I had different settings until now, which included Activity Completions and grades, and it worked well. But now it doesn’t. I tried adding activity completions. The same thing - the passing grade is displayed but doesn’t show as completed.

Please help, have been playing with it all day long, cannot figure it out!

Thanks

Attachment Grades and Completion.PNG
Attachment grades2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zhivko Z

Re: Course Completion Settings – passing grade gets displayed but status doesn’t change to “Complete”

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is Cron running (properly) on your site. Completion is performed by a background scheduled task. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Course Completion Settings – passing grade gets displayed but status doesn’t change to “Complete”

by Zhivko Z -

Yes, Cron is running properly.

This is a subdomain, which I cloned from the main site. The main site runs properly. I deleted some assignments and lessons, and changed some quizzes on the new/cloned one.

Somehow, the completion of an activity (quiz) or achieving a passing grade don't show up completed on the completion report... I tried changing the completion settings to include different things. No result - the Course Complete remains unchecked for all types of conditions