PayPal Enrollment

Re: PayPal Enrollment

by Philippe Siwinski -
Number of replies: 15

Hi,

the same issue occurs on a HTTPS 3.4.2+ Moodle instance.

Did you solve the problem ?

Thanks smile

In reply to Philippe Siwinski

by Sean Thomas -

Hi there, I have searched everywhere and done what is requested however we still get the error on sandbox testing: 

Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course "COURSE NAME". Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the Teacher or the site administrator

Is there a fix for this yet? We are running moodle 3.5.1...

Thanks

In reply to Sean Thomas

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

As far as I know, there are 4 possible reasons why sandbox PayPal testing is not working:

1. The site is running on http => move to https
  2. The currency used is not USD, PayPal sandbox only allows testing of US dollars
  3. PayPal cannot connect to you site due to firewall or server settings => make your site public
  4. You did not follow the PayPal sandbox account setup for merchant and buyer, but used a normal PayPal account to for buyer and/or merchant. 
In reply to Renaat Debleu

by Eswar sfc -

HI Reenat,i have created courses with paypal integration in my localhost,but can you please help me how to test the course by dummy payment(for student enrollment purpose) ,by using paypal sandbox account for payment purpose.and please check the attachments.

Attachment Screenshot (27).png
Attachment Screenshot (28).png
In reply to Eswar sfc

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

item 3: make your localhost publicly accessible

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Eswar sfc -

Hi Reenat,

Sorry to disturb you again, i need small help.

for papal payment integration on moodle i had added one line in config.php file

$CFG->usepaypalsandbox = true;

and at the time of payment for course, i was redirected to https://www.sandbox.paypal.com,it was asking  all credit card details,  after entering all details,it displaying 

• Your card was declined. Try a different card.

my doubt,is in sandbox.paypal.com(we will use sandbox for   testing purpose) as per i heard,it will not check all card details. whether you are entering exact card details or not.it only shows payment was done , and course will be enrolled to student,but in my case it displaying some message(Your card was declined. Try a different card).

Thanks,

Eswar

In reply to Eswar sfc

by Renaat Debleu -
This has nothing to do with Moodle: the learning platform does not check if the money arrives from a credit card, child labour or an obscure bank account in the Cayman Islands.  It only gets a confirmation if the transfer was made or not. 

Try the PayPal Sandbox help desk.

by Eswar sfc -

Hi Reenat Debleu,

If you Don't mind,i will ask you one doubt, by using sandbox paypal account,students are purchasing the courses,even the amount is getting credited in my sandbox business account,after paying the course, in mysite it showing error

Error:Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed moodle

it would be great help,if you provide me some suggestions.

Regards,

Eswar.

Attachment Screenshot (34).png
In reply to Eswar sfc

by Eswar sfc -

Hi,

My course fee is 2$,but iam receiving 1.64$ in my business account,so i think thats the reason it showing thank you for the payment,but your payment is not fully processed.! and i dont understand why im using not receiving my complete amount in sandbox business account ?

Regards,

Eswar

In reply to Eswar sfc

by Narit B -
i also got this problem "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later"

How can i solve this or any one have the solution?

Thank you

Re: Re: PayPal Enrollment

by sarendar vennapureddy -
HI,

I have installed payumoney enrollment plugin.

While students are enrolling to course suing payment gateway below message is displaying after completion of successful payment.

"Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course "Payment Test". Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the Teacher or the site administrator"

Students are enrolled to course but partially, and student enrollment status is 'Not Current',

But payment is successful and money added to my valet also.

And i have checked with enrollment dates kept past dates, Tried with many enrollment dates as past and future.

Few days back this issue not getting any where, But now getting, do i need to change any settings.

few days back i changed my site from http to https, is this cause nay problem?

Can any one please provide solution.
In reply to sarendar vennapureddy

Re: Re: Re: PayPal Enrollment

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes, you need to reset up the Paypal side with https in your site name.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Katrina Belcher -

When you say "setup the PayPal side..." what do you mean? Set it up how? Do you mean the IPN URL or? Thanks!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Katrina Belcher -

Hello!  When you say "setup the PayPal side..." what do you mean? Set it up how? Do you mean the IPN URL or? Thanks!