Email Notification Upon Enrollment in New Course

Re: Email Notification Upon Enrollment in New Course

by Dan Bell -
Number of replies: 0

Moodle 3.3.1

I have also been looking for "any" type of notification for manual enrollment (someone with the permission to assign a course to another user) or cohort synch. I found out only self enrollment can send an email, which makes no sense because the student just enrolled them self, so they already know they have a new enrollment. Why does that type of enrollment get email attention? Hard to believe there is no easy front end method to trigger an email to manual registration.

I say "any" type of notification, because I am trying to take advantage of my vague requirements. The notification does not have to be an email! It can also be when a manual registration takes place, the notification can also be in the form of notification after login to alert the user they have a new enrollment. We do not need to notify them if a course is updated, only new enrollments. We do not allow self enrollment.

Anyone help with an easy from end method to fix this? My developers will not get involved with hacking the code to make this work. Its an LMS, lets notify users when they have a new course.