OneDrive - using Access controlled links for assignment submissions

Re: OneDrive - using Access controlled links for assignment submissions

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I tried with a regular Gmail account (not an institutional one) that I created uniquely/specifically to be the system account. I'd imagine it would be the same with a MS account- regular Outlook.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tue Korsgaard -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

think the use Ian was refering to, that he expects that when a student upload an assignment as a access controlled link, then the teacher should get read access to the file uploaded as a acces controlled link. 

As per your reply - Mary - it seems that the functionality which creates a read-write version of a file for teacher, happens only when a teacher uploades a file to a course (or as a resource inside an acitivity) . 

Can you clearify whether Ian's use case is indeed supporteed ?

In reply to Tue Korsgaard

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ian's case should be supported - a student should be able to upload a One Drive assignment as an access controlled link. It is then copied into the system OneDrive account and the teacher is given access to it to read and, if needed, to comment on it. The student retains a copy in their personal OneDrive and cannot change the uploaded assignment once it has been set as access controlled.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Gil Brandt -

Hi,

I am an admin of a course. I have followed all the steps above to allow access controlled links. When students submit they get the following error message:

Exception - notAllowed: The feature has been disabled. Please contact your admin to get it enabled.

Please can you help?

Thanks