Unusual Quiz Function?

Unusual Quiz Function?

by Ann Rusnak -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I know moodle was design more for convential teaching and grading within schools, colleges, university etc.

But I found the program very useful in personal/business coaching and expanded my business into the virtual world to do group coaching. I'm not concerned about passing or failing or grades of A B C etc.  We looking at accomplishments ... so I'm finding some difficulty in converting one of our assignments to this system...

I thought the quiz might be the answer ... maybe the quiz isn't the right activity feature.

Here is what I'm trying to do:

We hold our clients accountable to 20 items and depending on how much they complete each item within 30 days determines the points you receive.

if they do less then 25% -- they get 0 points
if they do 26-50% -- they get 1 point
if they complete 51%- 99% - they get 2 points
if they complete all of it 100% - they get 3 points

Each of the 20 items is worth a total of 3 points each for total of 60 points

I also tried using the lesson with mulitple choice but like the quiz it seems everthing assumes there is only one correct answer  and uses the universal grading system.

Right now everybody downloads the accomplishment sheet, manually circles either 0 1 2 or 3  then calculates their total then manually post their score in a forum.

Since there is no right or wrong answers... I think what I need is a set up similiar to a survey with all question on one page but with scoring capability. Is there some way to set up a quiz like this?

Hope I explained that clearly

Thanks
Ann
Average of ratings: -