Annotate PDF not working

Annotate PDF not working

by Manex Etxabe -
Number of replies: 6

It looks like the Annotate PDF setup is correct:

But when you open the document it leaves a blank document 

The same happens on my server and on Moodlecloud service.

Have any of you got it working?

Thanks

(Moodle 3.3)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manex Etxabe

Re: Annotate PDF not working

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't believe it works on Moodle Cloud.  Have you set up unoconv and successfully tested it on your server?

Once you have it set up successfully, you need to reupload a file to test.  If you have already unsuccessfully opened a file, it will not work until you reupload the file.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Manex Etxabe -

I had disabled unoconv, since here I understood that it is not necessary using OAuth 2 Google service.

Google "Test document conversion" is working properly. But after enabled unonconv, unoconv paths are correct but "Download the converted pdf test file" fails.

Do I need to change permissions on server directories?

In reply to Manex Etxabe

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh sorry, I didn't realize that there was a Google converter enabled now.  In which case, did you run the test on the Google side?  And then try reuploading the document to test?

by Manex Etxabe -

Yes the google test works.

Oh! Reuploading the same file does not work, but following your lead, I created a new assigment and it works.

Thank you very much!

by Jason Touw -

Running V3.3+ on Windows 2012R2 Server.

I was reading this thread and also banging my head against the wall at the same time.  I seemed to have the same problem, but cannot get around fixing it.

So in checking the system paths, this is what I have:

Should I have a path on this screen to Unoconv??

My Document Converters are showing here:

I DO NOTICE that my Unoconv is showing NO SUPPORTED conversions.  Not sure why that is...

When I test Google it works fine and the PDF test page appears just fine.

When I test Unoconv, I get the screen that it is configured properly:

However, when I attempt to download the converted PDF Test file I get this error:

As far as the Unoconv file is concerned, I followed the directions exactly as they are written here (or so I tought):  https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Universal_Office_Converter_(unoconv)#Installing_unoconv_on_Windows

NOTE!  This doc refers to version 0.7 and we are now onto 0.8 on github.  Now on this page, https://github.com/dagwieers/unoconv/releases , I downloaded the ZIP file for 0.8.2 (first one) and pulled only the unoconv file as directed from the ZIP and created the path indicated.

WHY AM I GETTING THIS ERROR?

As far as GhostScript is concerned, all seems fine:

Thank you!!