problem at restored courses - quiz images not load in page

Re: problem at restored courses - quiz images not load in page

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi George,

I've restored your "win" course (the large one, OWNER of the questions) in my server. Restore has worked fine and I'm able to see the quizzes with images.

Then I've restored your "win-la" course (the short one, USER of the questions) in my server. Restore has worked fine and I'm able to see the quizzes with images too.

Then I've deleted the courses completely and I've restored the "win-la" course (the USER of the questions) first. In this case, images are no showed.

The cause of this is that the "win-la" (USER) course uses questions from an imported category (from "win" - OWNER course). Although questions are included in backup, files belonging to that course (images) are no included in backup, because they belong to another course area.

In every backup-file, only files belonging to its "course area" are included.

To solve this issue, you have this alternatives (workarrounds):

1.-Backup and restore always the OWNER course of the questions first. Then, you can restore every course using that questions (USER) without problems at all.

Or

2.-Backup and restore the USER course using "foreign" questions. All will work without problems but the images. Copy them from the OWNER course to your new restored course (USER).

What do you think ? In a perfect world if could be possible to selectively include that images in the backup, but it involves copying files from another course dir and I'm not sure if that is correct.

Anyway, comments will be welcome.

TIA and ciao, Eloy smile