I have the following configuration:
Moodle 3.0.9 (Build: 20170313)
We are trying to set up an application user to allow an external system to connect to Moodle. We have followed the instructions here. Specifically, the following steps
- Log as admin
- Add a new user
- Enable the Web Service Authentication plugin
- In the new user profil, change authentication method for web services
- In advance feature, enable web services
- In Plugin/Web Services/Manage protocol, enable the protocol you need
- In Plugin/Web Services/External Services, Add a new service, activate it and add some function to this service.
- If the selected service has restricted user option activated, assign the new user to this service
- If the selected service has required capability, assign this capability to the new user
- Assign the capability to use the selected protocol - you'll probably want to create a Web Service role for that
- the new user can now access web service from the enabled protocol with his username/password
When we get to step 4, we navigate to Site administration -> Users -> Accounts -> Add a new user. However, when clicking the Choose an authentication method dropdown, Web services authentication is under the disabled list. The only enabled options are Email-based self-registration, Manual account and No login.
We performed step 3 by navigating to Site administration -> Advanced features and choosing Enable web services.
When I open an existing user profile or try to create a new user, the Choose an authentication method dropdown STILL lists Web services authentication as disabled.
Thanks in advance.