Error trying checking available updates

Error trying checking available updates

by Dinis Medeiros -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

3.3 (Build: 20170515). version = 2017051500.00

Tryed PHP 5.6 and 7.0. Any browser

Unable to fetch available updates data - unexpected HTTP response code.

More information about this error

Debug info: 403
Error code: err_response_http_code
Stack trace:
  • line 246 of /lib/classes/update/checker.php: core\update\checker_exception thrown
  • line 124 of /lib/classes/update/checker.php: call to core\update\checker->get_response()
  • line 762 of /admin/index.php: call to core\update\checker->fetch()

Any help? Last check done on 26 May 2017, 10:01 PM

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dinis Medeiros

Re: Error trying checking available updates

by Dinis Medeiros -
Picture of Plugin developers

After contacting the technical support of my moodle site (11 days waiting) the answer was:
The ip address 185.2.4.59 of Cpanel (my internet hosting) is blocked in the Moodle entity updates machine.
You are requested to communicate the situation to the Moodle entity in an attempt to remove the block from that particular ip.
Is this possible? How contact the Moodle entity updates machine?

In reply to Dinis Medeiros

by Joaquin Fiestas -
Hi, I have the same problem, and the response from my server is to refer me to your forum message. Did you get it fixed? How did you get in touch with moodle?
In reply to Joaquin Fiestas

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The most likely reason is that your Moodle site cannot contact the moodle upgrade service because of some firewall configuration.

This depends on how your site is installed or hosted. I'm going to guess you are using a host and should probably contact their technical support people.