Error when trying update language packs

Error when trying update language packs

by Dinis Medeiros -
Number of replies: 14
Picture of Plugin developers
Unable to connect to the download server. It is not possible to install or update the language packs automatically. Please download the appropriate ZIP file(s) from https://download.moodle.org/langpack/3.3/ and unzip them manually to your data directory /home/pm1yedpj/moodledata2/lang/

cURL request for "https://download.moodle.org/langpack/3.3/languages.md5" failed, HTTP response code: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
  • line 1361 of /lib/filelib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 708 of /lib/componentlib.class.php: call to download_file_content()
  • line 59 of /admin/tool/langimport/classes/controller.php: call to lang_installer->get_remote_list_of_languages()
  • line 66 of /admin/tool/langimport/index.php: call to tool_langimport\controller->__construct()
Any help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dinis Medeiros

Re: Error when trying update language packs

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you able to connect to your server terminal and use the command line utility curl to try and fetch that URL manually?

In reply to David Mudrák

by Dinis Medeiros -

Shared Host. Only CPanel

PHPinfo: cURL support. 7.36.0

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Does Moodle's curl work elsewhere - e.g. are you able to use the Wikipedia or URL repository on the site?

In reply to David Mudrák

by Dinis Medeiros -
Yes. I can give you an admin account to access it. NO PROBLEM

THANKS

2017-06-01 9:27 GMT+01:00 David Mudrák (via Moodle.org) <noreply@moodle.org>

by David Mudrák -

No thanks, I do not want the admin access to your site (and you better should not offer it to random geeks on the internet tongueout).

That's weird then as both places (repositories as well as lang packs) should use the same mechanism under the hood. If you can reproduce the problem constantly, maybe you could contact your hosting tech support and ask them for debugging.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Dinis Medeiros -

The access was ONLY to YOU. I think i can TRUST YOU.

By the way, when checking updates i get this:

Unable to fetch available updates data - unexpected HTTP response code.

Debug info: 403
Error code: err_response_http_code
Stack trace:
  • line 246 of /lib/classes/update/checker.php: core\update\checker_exception thrown
  • line 124 of /lib/classes/update/checker.php: call to core\update\checker->get_response()
  • line 762 of /admin/index.php: call to core\update\checker->fetch()
Same problem?
I will install a fresh moodle and try to update and see if it persist.

by Dinis Medeiros -
I made a fresh install of moodle 3.2 and i GOT the same error!!
So the problem isn't the code or database.
It's server/host problem. What MUST i say to THEM?
TIA

by David Mudrák -

It seems that something (most likely your hosting provider) is blocking your Moodle sites to fetch data for other servers via curl on standard HTTP/HTTPS ports.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Dinis Medeiros -

I contacted my host and after 11 days (they are fast) i get this answer:

The ip address 185.2.4.59 of Cpanel (my internet hosting) is blocked in the Moodle entity updates machine.
You are requested to communicate the situation to the Moodle entity in an attempt to remove the block from that particular ip.

Is this possible? How contact the Moodle entity updates machine? How to unblock?

Thanks in advance
Dinis Medeiros

by Paul Greidanus -

Hi Dinis,

I just checked and I cannot see any blocks anywhere in the Moodle system for that IP address. Could you ask your provider for more details of exactly what IP address they are connecting to when they test? Sorry, I know this may take some time with long delays with the provider, but I cannot see any attempts to connect or any failures.

If possible, they can connect directly with me at paul at moodle.com

Thanks

Paul

Moodle ICT

Average of ratings:Useful (2)