cURL request for "https://download.moodle.org/langpack/3.3/languages.md5" failed, HTTP response code: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
- line 1361 of /lib/filelib.php: call to debugging()
- line 708 of /lib/componentlib.class.php: call to download_file_content()
- line 59 of /admin/tool/langimport/classes/controller.php: call to lang_installer->get_remote_list_of_languages()
- line 66 of /admin/tool/langimport/index.php: call to tool_langimport\controller->__construct()
2017-06-01 9:27 GMT+01:00 David Mudrák (via Moodle.org) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
No thanks, I do not want the admin access to your site (and you better should not offer it to random geeks on the internet ).
That's weird then as both places (repositories as well as lang packs) should use the same mechanism under the hood. If you can reproduce the problem constantly, maybe you could contact your hosting tech support and ask them for debugging.
The access was ONLY to YOU. I think i can TRUST YOU.
By the way, when checking updates i get this:
Unable to fetch available updates data - unexpected HTTP response code.
Error code: err_response_http_code
- line 246 of /lib/classes/update/checker.php: core\update\checker_exception thrown
- line 124 of /lib/classes/update/checker.php: call to core\update\checker->get_response()
- line 762 of /admin/index.php: call to core\update\checker->fetch()
I will install a fresh moodle and try to update and see if it persist.
I contacted my host and after 11 days (they are fast) i get this answer:
The ip address 18.104.22.168 of Cpanel (my internet hosting) is blocked in the Moodle entity updates machine.
You are requested to communicate the situation to the Moodle entity in an attempt to remove the block from that particular ip.
Is this possible? How contact the Moodle entity updates machine? How to unblock?
Thanks in advance
I just checked and I cannot see any blocks anywhere in the Moodle system for that IP address. Could you ask your provider for more details of exactly what IP address they are connecting to when they test? Sorry, I know this may take some time with long delays with the provider, but I cannot see any attempts to connect or any failures.
If possible, they can connect directly with me at paul at moodle.com
THANKS A LOT