Course Display

Course Display

by Rameshwar Vupadhyayula -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I will be having only the quiz resource in each of my courses. Hence, to make it convenient to users, I would like Moodle to display only the quizzes on their dashboard rather than show courses and then drill down to the quiz from there.

How do I implement this scenario, please?

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rameshwar Vupadhyayula

Re: Course Display

by Rachana Sree -

Hi rameshwar ....

In dashboard actually displaying courses overview i.e., the login user enrolled for which course actually.....let we modify simply like this way

I think consider three steps we can display the quiz's in the courses:-

1.Check if the user is enrolled for the course or not.

2.if the login user is enrolled to the course('s)   

$sectiondata = $DB->get_records_sql("SELECT COALESCE(name, concat('Topic ', section)) as name, section, sequence FROM {course_sections}  where course=$course->id and section <> 0 ORDER BY section");

Repeat the query for each course as well as concat('Topic ', section)) Whatever you choose for the course format.

3.In that we get sections as well as course_module_id check if it is quiz or else if quiz we can get the content and display it. or just give a link to that page from dashboard (first run query can understand automatically)

In reply to Rachana Sree

Hi,

The sign on process takes care of the first 2 points. So, I guess we need not worry if the user is registered for the course.

I have not tried but possibly if we define single section display for the course and if quiz is the only section set up for the course, Moodle will take care. Any thoughts?

Regards

In reply to Rameshwar Vupadhyayula

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Have you tried using the single activity course format? Alternatively, in Moodle 3.3 if you set dates for your quizzes, they will be displayed automatically on students' dashboards.

In reply to Helen Foster

Hi,

I will be trying the single activity course format. As regards setting the quiz dates, yes they will appear but won't they appear under the course? I am looking to avoid showing the course and instead show only the quiz.

Thanks