500 internal error

500 internal error

by Abu Ali -
Number of replies: 2

dear Moodle expert!

I have installed the configurable reports block and I am getting an error while clicking on Mange report.

I don't know why this error is showing.

I found Hostgator error page that is 500 internal error

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abu Ali

Re: 500 internal error

by Ambrish Tiwari -

Hi Abu

A 500 Internal Server Error on your own website requires a completely different course of action. As I mentioned above, most 500 errors are server-side errors, meaning it's likely your problem to fix if it's your website.

There are lots of reasons why your site might be serving a 500 Error to your users, but two are most common:

• A Permissions Error. In most cases, a 500 Internal Server Error is due to an incorrect permission on one or more files or folders. In most of those cases, an incorrect permission on a PHP and CGI script is to blame. These should usually be set at 0775 (-rwxr-xr-x).
  • A PHP Timeout. If your script connects to external resources and those resources timeout, an HTTP 500 error can occur. Timeout rules, or better error handling in your script, should help if this is the cause of the 500 error.
  • A Coding Error in .htaccess. While not as common, be sure to check that your site's .htaccess file is properly structured.

If you're running WordPressJoomla, or another content management or CMS system, be sure to search their support centers for more specific help troubleshooting a 500 Internal Server Error.

If you're not using an off-the-shelf content management tool, your web hosting provider, like InMotionDreamhostBluehost1&1, etc., probably has some 500 Error help that might be more specific to your situation.

In reply to Ambrish Tiwari

Re: 500 internal error

by Horatio Bond -

I have almost the same problem, and someone told me it can happen because of old hard drives that hosting provider can use (damaged sectors or something like that). Is it true?