Submission Statement Required

Submission Statement Required

by Renee Tregonning -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

We are looking to force the Submission Statement for all assignments in our system. Before doing this I have some questions for you regarding the existing assignments in our system which have grades against them.

If we turn it on here: Settings > Site administration > Plugins > Assignment plugins:

1. Will this be applied to all existing assignments or do we have to go through and turn them on one by one?

2. What happens to students who have already completed this assignment and didn't need to select the Submission Statement, will they be impacted by this being turned on?

Is there anything else that I have to be aware of?

Thank you.

Renee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Renee Tregonning

Re: Submission Statement Required

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Renee,

1. You will need to go through existing assignments and set 'Require that students accept the submission statement' to yes.
  2. Students who have already made submissions shouldn't be impacted by turning it on.

PS I'm just moving the discussion thread to the Assignment forum in case any of our experts there has anything to add...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Renee Tregonning

by ben reynolds -

Plus, you get two gold stars.

1. For looking before leaping
  2. For stating quite clearly your concerns.
Helen reads the forums more than I do, but the above 2 points, leading to a simple 2 message exchange, are, IMO, rare approve
In reply to ben reynolds

by Renee Tregonning -

Great thanks for that. I was assuming so and I tested it with the same outcome.