Cant send messages from moodele to my custom mobile app

Cant send messages from moodele to my custom mobile app

by Dennis mubamba -
Number of replies: 3

Good day Juan, i am having trouble sending notifications from moodle to my custom android app which i have developed using Java for android. I am using firebase and my own airnotifier which i installed on localhost, but the messages from airnotifier are not reaching the app, but the messages sent from firebase are being received in the app.My android device has been added to airnotifer and it has also been enabled in moodle in the student account. Please i really need help i developing this application for my final project and i have a deadline in the next two days. Thanks in advance for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dennis mubamba

Re: Cant send messages from moodele to my custom mobile app

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dennis,

I'm sorry but we can't provide support for custom apps, have you tried the Airnotifier issues option in github?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Dennis mubamba -
Yes I did, I managed to solve my issues,I didn't know that you don't support custom apps, but thanks anyway.
In reply to Dennis mubamba

by Ori Wallenstein -

Hi Dennis,

I think I may have the same problem. The developer of airnotifier confirmed that it does not support Firebase Cloud Messaging. Since Google Cloud Messaging is deprecated it seems there's no working solution for sending push notifications to Moodle Android apps.

Can you share how you resolved the problem?

Thanks,

Ori