Disable Self-Enrolment for Teachers

Disable Self-Enrolment for Teachers

by Peter Frana -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

went through a pile of discussions and pages, however, unable to discover proper solution for our school. Not sure if this is even possible to set up... Ok, we run the 3.1 version, teachers are assigned to courses manually, students go through the self-enrollment method, during enrollment period (usually 1 week long). What we want is to limit the self-enrollment option, during this enrollment period, for students only. We do not want teachers, either intentionally or unintentionally, to self-enroll into courses they do not teach. Any ideas that could help, please?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Frana

Re: Disable Self-Enrolment for Teachers

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you could remove the self-enrollment permission from the teacher role to achieve this under site admin/users/permissions/define roles

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Peter Frana -
Thanks, Emma, for your reply. The thing is I can only manipulate with the "enrol/self:unenrolself" capability when trying through admin/users/permissions/define roles/teacher. This is the only attribute that can be changed under Self-enrolment. It looks to me it is not possible to disable the self-enrollment permission just for certain roles. It is either enabled for everyone (who accepts the fact he/she will work as a student) or unavailable.
In reply to Peter Frana

by gurpreet singh -

Hi 

Work around

1) Create a special Role under USERS-->Define Role that has same privileges of Teacher and exclude the self enrollment permission.  

2) Assign Role to user who is acted as teacher.

In this way original Teacher Role will be untouched .