Shared Portable Moodle (Spoodle) for Moodle 3.3 – an offline moodle update!

Shared Portable Moodle (Spoodle) for Moodle 3.3 – an offline moodle update!

by Stephen Grono -
Number of replies: 2

Hey all,

Spoodle is a small 'offline moodle / moodle on a stick / portable moodle' project we’d set up and shared last year that we put together to help support distance learners with limited internet access.

The super short version is as you get a student who may have no connectivity but wants to continue their studies, you can backup the course from your ‘real’ Moodle, quickly launch this already-set-up local copy of Moodle (which you’ve already added your logo and any relevant plugins to), import this backup and send it out via USB. Student plugs it in, clicks start, everything launches up, no net required.

Anyway! Happy to report have now put together a new version using the new Boost theme and Moodle 3.3 (as well as up to date 3.1 and 3.2 versions if closer to your current moodle)

Freely available over on my MoodleCloud site – http://steve.moodlecloud.com

In addition, have also changed the first part of how we were setting it up, now directly adapting the moodle.org Windows installer, which seems to have helped speeds which seemed to be an odd issue for some people in the earlier version – fingers crossed

Working on some video instructions. Two out of four up so far, and will keep editing the ones on ‘how to customise’ and ‘how to set up for a student’ clips through the week.

And, because having put together this new version then stopped and realised ‘How do I let those people who were interested before know we’ve put something new up? Oops’ , have a mailing list over in the right column of the site  (or here) for letting people know! I promise it won’t be used to fill your email with crap, just the occasional version update as Moodle updates.

If you find it useful, or feedback, as before drop me an email any time as well!

Cheers,
Steve

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Stephen Grono

Re: Shared Portable Moodle (Spoodle) for Moodle 3.3 – an offline moodle update!

by Stephen Grono -

Phew, right in time before the end of the month. Done!

Finally got through chopping up new videos that go through customising, use cases and setting up for learners.
Hopefully makes it easier to follow than reading through a wall of text smile

Can find them in the new 'How to set up and use Spoodle' topic - https://steve.moodlecloud.com/course/view.php?id=4#section-3

In reply to Stephen Grono

Re: Shared Portable Moodle (Spoodle) for Moodle 3.3 – an offline moodle update!

by Mihir J -

wohooo... great one Steve!! Really cool!

thanks!

Mihir