Course Totals for All Courses Ever Taken

Re: Course Totals for All Courses Ever Taken

by Andy Braden -
Number of replies: 0

In the USA we typically call this behavior transcripts, historical views of my progress even after courses are archived/removed/un-enrolled. General convention has been that this is best pushed to a system of record (Student Information System or it's relatives) for permanent record keeping. 

I am largely a fan of systems of record that are dedicated to that purpose, however that doesn't always serve us in the trenches. 

One thought I had here in reflection was that if you left out the grade (as a percentage or letter) and shifted to a notion of competencies, this is what the Competencies tool supports by design. A more permanent record of my achievement in a Competency stored on the user rather than the course gradebook. I can see my achievements from prior work as they align against specific Competencies, and I can use that in a learning plan construct to see how far I have come and how much needs to go. 

It isn't exactly what you've asked for here, but perhaps with a little shift it could be a good fit for your needs or others who are contemplating the similar goals.