How can users select a Boost (Child) theme with a specific preset?

How can users select a Boost (Child) theme with a specific preset?

by Hartmut Scherer -
Number of replies: 2

I am using Moodle 3.2.3+ (Build: 20170519) with Fordson (v.1.3.1). I know that Site admins can enable user themes and/or course themes. 

How can Site admins enable users so that they can select a Boost theme or a Boost child theme and pick a preset from a given list?

With kind regards,

Hartmut

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: How can users select a Boost (Child) theme with a specific preset?

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You could create a set of child themes, each with a specific preset enabled by the admin (or even copied as that child theme's default preset and remove any need for the setting itself)

boost-cyborg, boost-cerulean, boost-paper, boost-mypreset etc

Users can then pick that child theme.

At the moment there is no way for a user selected preset within a single theme.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: How can users select a Boost (Child) theme with a specific preset?

by Hartmut Scherer -

Thank you for your reply, Richard. So far I never created child themes and I don't know how much time it takes to set up a child theme. When I briefly looked at the Moodle docs for child themes I was impressed by the length of the document and realized that it can't be done fast. 

It's not a pressing need at our site. Only one student asked whether she can customize colors and that was just for fun. Although I don't need the feature I wish it would be possible to offer some color settings in the user profile or as a separate page for all users if they selected a boost theme or a boost child theme.