Upgrading to 3.3 from 3.2.2 issues

Upgrading to 3.3 from 3.2.2 issues

by Luke Wilson -
Number of replies: 4

I have recently upgraded my Moodle from 3.2.3 to 3.3 however now have this error "Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, the directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting".

I followed the instructions to upgrade (https://docs.moodle.org/32/en/Upgrading#Before_upgrading) however I can no longer access the site.

This is my first manual upgrade, usually, I click upgrade via my hosting manager account and it upgrades.

Can anyone help me to work this out?

Regards 

Luke

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luke Wilson

Re: Upgrading to 3.3 from 3.2.2 issues

by Luke Wilson -

I have progressed my issue with help from the support staff at crazy domains, however, we are currently stuck at this point. See attached error warnings. 

Attachment 1.PNG
Attachment 2.PNG
In reply to Luke Wilson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

And have you clicked on the link to the tool that will help you move past this part?  Basically the database fix will take care of everything that is stopping you right now.

In reply to Luke Wilson

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

On my website and Moodle, I had always had the "intl" php extension turned on.  However, I did not have "fileinfo" turned on, so when I was attempting to upgrade my 3.2 to 3.3 I had to go back and turn "fileinfo" on.  I knew how to do this on my VPS and WHM (cPanel.)  I had to turn it on and recompile my apache.  Sounds difficult, but not really.  

So, I recommend that you turn both "intl" and "fileinfo" both on, then try the install (upgrade).  If you don't know how to do this, you will have to let us know more about your server (such as is it a hosted server, a VPS, a dedicated server, etc., and if you know how to edit php.ini.)

I think that you should be able to get by with the "Other check" errors.  However, consider fixing these.  Ask for help, if needed.

In reply to Luke Wilson

by Luke Wilson -

Thanks for your time Emma and Rick.

I managed to get the upgrade to work by installing my pre-upgrade backup and running the upgrade process again. Everything works perfectly now (except I cannot open the English (en) language pack... Does nothing when I click on it.