by Ripa Desai -
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

I tried and it still not working..

Thanjs

In reply to Ripa Desai

Re: moodle 2.9 not accessing from the browser

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Which did you try?  Can you post your adjusted apache config and moodle config?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ripa Desai -

Hello, 

I am trying to build a test environment with standard changes. . My default setting in my original environment was /var/www/config.php and all the moodle data were resided under the 

/var/www folder. We are on the moodle 2.9+ and Ubuntu 14.04 environment.

Our previous set up of the moodle was like this screenshot:

I can access our moodle easily through the browser by this setup.

old

I was referring moodle 2.9+ installation guide. 

https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Step-by-step_Installation_Guide_for_Ubuntu 

On that guide they mention that: 

• Ubuntu Server 14. 04LTS has some minor differences from 12. 04LTS, mainly to the Apache Sites Configuration, now resides at /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf and the Default Webroot at present at /var/www/html/. This document has been updated to reflect those changes,

So I was trying to follow that route. Now I would like to move my www folder data into a 

moodle folder. 

I want to keep my standard settings so no one gets confused in future who is using moodle in my absent.

I am attaching my current settings here. 

Please take a look :

/etc/apache2/00-default.conf

/var/www/html/moodle/Config.php

Now when I am trying to access moodle by writing http://192.168.1.6/moodle. I am getting a blank page.

Thanks

In reply to Ripa Desai

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

So is there a moodle folder inside your html folder?  Or did you put the moodle files in there directly?

Perhaps you could post a screen shot of your folders showing exactly where the moodle files reside now...

In reply to Ripa Desai

by Emma Richardson -

Totally blank?  What is your php version?  Is it compatible?

by Ripa Desai -
By changing the folder from /var/www to /var/www/html...doesn't create any compatibility issues...

Thanks

In reply to Ripa Desai

by Emma Richardson -

But you said this was a copy and that you were wanting to upgrade so I was unsure if the server was set up the same or if you have already upgraded moodle which might require a higher version of php than you have installed.  Try deleting the cache and localcache folders from your moodleDATA folder.  Look at your php error logs.  Turn on debugging in Moodle config and see if you get any errors.  

by Ripa Desai -

I didn't upgrade my system.. I just want to change the location as standard location which could be /var/www/html..

I can access moodle using my previous setup. However, I would like to have standard set up in moodle. 

I will try this things and let you know what happens...

Thanks