Can a student save a document as their own inside the course (without 'Upload')

Can a student save a document as their own inside the course (without 'Upload')

by Dan Noonan -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

Here is what I want to do (v3.2.1+):

The student selects a course document available to all students(right now this is a PDF form). The document has places for the student to select drop downs as well as enter text. 

The student needs to save their work in the document, making it 'unique' to that student. There will be 5-6 documents like this.

The student will need to access (possibly modify during the course) the documents at the end of the course as reference material for a live video assessment by the teacher.

The teacher should have access to all student modified documents to review the students progress/work anytime during the course.

Here is what I tried (Given this about 15 hours of research/work and cannot find a solution):

Assignment, Database, Dataform, Google Docs(and several other similar solutions), Repositories (Private, Server, and special created folder), and Workshops. Also looked at pretty much every plug-in that remotely could be a solution.

My students generally are not 'gifted' with computer skills so Download/Modify/Upload will roll over too many of them for that to be a viable solution.

I don't know where look anymore. Can someone please point me in the right direction, or put me out of my misery.

Many thanks,

Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Noonan

Re: Can a student save a document as their own inside the course (without 'Upload')

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Dan,

Sounds similar to something I used to do with my students. I used the built in database activity, so did not have to install anything additional. If you set the database to require approval, maximum number of entries to your 5 or 6,  and then require 50 entries before viewing, then never approve, then entries will be visible only to the student who submits it. The teacher will be able to see all entries and you can even set the database to allow for comments. Format the single and add template views to resemble your PDF with an appropriate database field for each drop down and text entry place.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Can a student save a document as their own inside the course (without 'Upload')

by Dan Noonan -

Thanks for taking your time with this Al.

OK, Database activity it is. 

All the best,

Dan