Condition: Completion of other courses - Unable to deselect all courses in Courses available panel

Re: Condition: Completion of other courses - Unable to deselect all courses in Courses available panel

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What is your exact version of Moodle? There was a similar - not quite the same  - problem with course completion settings not saving, and it was fixed in Moodle 3.2.3 which was released on 8th May. If you are not on this version, are you able to upgrade at all?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Condition: Completion of other courses - Unable to deselect all courses in Courses available panel

by Jason Church -

Hi Mary,

We're actually running IOMAD 3.2 which is the most recent release.

I've contacted IOMAD directly but had no luck with resolving the Course Completion settings.

Is there a way of diabling the 'other course' conditional setting in the Moodle core?

J

In reply to Jason Church

by Chad Nixon -

I am running in to the same issue in IOMAD 3.2. I guess if you delete the whole course and start over that would fix it. I just setting up my courses so it should be a big deal. But in the future this would need to be addressed.

In reply to Chad Nixon

by Colin Simpson -

I've just run into this exact issue on Moodle 3.3, so it doesn't appear to be fixed yet. 

I accidentally selected a course in Condition: Completion of other courses and I can't see any way to deselect it. 

In reply to Colin Simpson

by Colin Simpson -

Good news - you can CTRL + Click on Windows to deselect the course. (Presumably Command + Click on a Mac)

In reply to Colin Simpson

by Rob Mills -

Nope - at least not on a mac. You can de-select the course but when you save it remains selected. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Arturas Jevdokimovas -

Hi,

The same on Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20171201)

In reply to Arturas Jevdokimovas

by Frank Hieber -

I was trying to get Badges to work, but apparently I accidentally selected another course as a requirement for completion.  Now I can't figure out how to unselect it.  I'm on Moodle 3.5.1.  If I ctrl+click it appears to unselect it, but it doesn't actually save it as a change.  I'd be willing to edit the DB if someone could point me to the table that needs to be beaten into submission.