Quiz

Remove final confirmation in Quiz activity M3.2

Picture of Jason Lane
Remove final confirmation in Quiz activity M3.2

Hello all, I have M3.2 and I'm looking for a coding solution (or otherwise) to remove the final popup to confirm submission of quiz answers. 

I know this is a very helpful feature but this particular Moodle site is using the Quiz activity simply for policy compliance ("I have read and understood..." Answer Y/N) and the extra submission confirmations are too much in this instance.

Can someone please suggest where I can disable this via CSS or in the code?

Thank you,

Jason

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Emma Richardson
Re: Remove final confirmation in Quiz activity M3.2
Group Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

The problem is that if you disable this, then the quiz will not submit correctly.  Have you looked at the feedback module?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Jason Lane

Thanks for the insight and suggestion. That is a much better activity for this purpose. I will leave the code and language customisations alone!

Cheers,
Jason

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group Core developersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Plugin developers

In fact, if you customise the code, it is perfectly possible to remove this pop-up while still having the quiz work. You just that you have to do it right.

The problem with removing this confirmation, is that some students will accidentally submit the quiz without meaning to. This is much, much worse that students having to make one extra click to be sure they want to submit. Hence the current UI design.

Picture of Sam Suresh

In Moodle 3.3,

go to /mod/quiz/renderer.php

comment out line 742 like this (add // infront):

//$button->add_action(new confirm_action(get_string('confirmclose', 'quiz'), null,

Then in the following line, remove 2 brackets from this:-

get_string('submitallandfinish', 'quiz')));

to this:-

get_string('submitallandfinish', 'quiz');

credits to Tim